VIC Consenting without admission.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
Undertaking is different to consent.

Undertaking or fight and win. Both allow you to keep guns.
But an interim one is in place now?

Nonfiction

17 May 2018
Victoria
But an interim one is in place now?

In Victoria - Depends on if there are any conditions relating to the firearms.

1. Interim intervention orders (Link below)

A respondent in an interim intervention order is not considered a prohibited person, however, if the order contains conditions relating to firearms they must be strictly observed.

Even though as a respondent in an interim order you are not considered a prohibited person, your firearms licence may be suspended or cancelled.

Victoria Police - Intervention Orders and Firearms

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
In Victoria - Depends on if there are any conditions relating to the firearms.

1. Interim intervention orders (Link below)

A respondent in an interim intervention order is not considered a prohibited person, however, if the order contains conditions relating to firearms they must be strictly observed.

Even though as a respondent in an interim order you are not considered a prohibited person, your firearms licence may be suspended or cancelled.

Victoria Police - Intervention Orders and Firearms

Then why did you know who have to give up his guns? I saw the IVO and there was no mention of guns anywhere in it but he still had to give them up right away

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Read the OP posts again. He has no FVIO atm, just an application with no interim.

sammy01

27 September 2015
My understanding (NSW) was that the cops ran a weapon's licence check... If they find you have a licence (and are a registered gun owner) They're gonna treat the application with greater severity than if it was a punter like me who doesn't own guns... On a postive note - that is why we don't see too many situations where whole families are murdered by gun owners

Nonfiction

17 May 2018
Victoria
Then why did you know who have to give up his guns? I saw the IVO and there was no mention of guns anywhere in it but he still had to give them up right away

I have no idea what you are on about...I simply provided information in response to your question to Rod about Vic Interim orders and guns (as the OP has selected Victoria as his state)

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
Read the OP posts again. He has no FVIO atm, just an application with no interim.
I just have.. I cant see where they say one is not in place! Where?

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
You want me to prove a negative??

You show me where one is in place.
SImple logic based on what usually happens... but feel free to try to pick an argument.. it wont work

Usually when the police take out an application for DVO/AVO/IVO and there is a court date there is an interim one is put into place right away that they apply for. Its the same in EVERY state and territory

In fact i have never ever heard of one case where this has not happened unless the person gets lucky and finds out the time the police are applying for it and gets to challenge it. Even then there is almost zero chance of it not being made interim

Happy to bet cold hard cash on this one and now i have shown why i think there is one.. please elaborate on why you think there is not one, possibly without the snide comments and using actual facts of where the OP has said there is not one in place as you claim

Also lets say by some miracle you are correct (which you are not) then, if it was me i would even more be not consenting. If its not bad enough for a court to give the Police an interim one it stands pretty much no chance of success in any hearing

Last edited:

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014