NSW Clarification of Questions on Workcover Claim Form?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Gabe

28 May 2016
Hello

I am filling in a workcover claim form and I need some help in distinguishing the two questions below.

I am confused as to me, both questions appear to be the same. Can someone please explain what they think of the two questions below?

1. What started the chain of events that led to your injury or illness?

2. What action, exposure or event happened to cause your injury or illness?

Thanks.

Victoria S

9 April 2014
I would say the first question on what "started the chain of events" is more concerned with what put you in the situation that lead to the injury: for example your employer requested that you perform a certain task - such as lifting a bunch of boxes onto a truck or taking the work vehicle to deliver a file to a client.

The action, exposure or event - I would say is more concerned with the action that directly gave rise to the injury - for example the twisting and bending motion with which you lifted a particular box or the vehicle that came flying through the red light and collided with your work vehicle while you were out making the delivery.

If in your situation you feel that the answer to both of these questions is the same, simply put the same answer. If they want more information or further clarification they will ask you for it.