Child Support (CSA) Backpay More Than 3 Months

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now


21 June 2014
I registered with the Child Support Agency (CSA) when I left from my husband in February 2011 but indicated that would collect payments privately. Which was a mistake as I received very little to what was calculated from CSA and also he failed to file any tax returns since. When I finally asked CSA to collect funds in November 2013 on my behalf and chase arrears, they said they only look at last three month. What I would like to know is, can I make my husband file his returns so a correct calculation can been done and is there a way to collect past arrears for the full period February 2011 - November 2013?