WA Cheated by Samsung

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Samsung

19 June 2020
Hi,

I have purchased Samsung Galaxy s10 plus phone from Samsung ‘d website 11 months ago.

2 months ago, my phone was overheating extremely. Sent it to repair center authorised by Samsung. I called the repair center and they said there was a major malfunction and they will advise samsung to replace my phone.

Samsung case manager called and offered repairment even though I insisted for replacement and told her even the technician said it is better to be replaced the phone but i was not able to change the case manager ‘s mind.

3 days ago, i spilled some water on my phone and phone doesn’t function properly . Even though the screen look fine , the camera doesn’t work anymore.

Samsung sold me this phone as water resistant with IP68 rating means this phone can be under the water up to 1.5 meter for up to 30 minutes.

The phone even advertised by Samsung showing the usage of phone in the water , inside of swimming pool.

Furthermore, Samsung was sued by ACCC for misleading advertisement last year.

The technician called me today and said the phone is beyond economic repair and sent the phone to Samsung.

I asked why the phone had malfunction as it is water resistant and they said it could be due to previous fixing that that the phone may not sealed properly but they are just not sure.

Samsung has been denying all the water damage claims according to google search i made.

They are horrible with after sale service and if they deny my claim, what is my chance if i take them to small claims court.

Thanks for reading