VIC Taking samsung to small claims court

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Samsung

19 June 2020
have an 11 months old Samsung Galaxy s10 plus

My phone was overheating extremely and took it to Samsung repair centre.

Technician told me that they will advise Samsung to replace the phone but Samsung case manager decided with repair option.

3 days ago , my phone exposed to water for 20 seconds. Even though the phone works fine in most features, the camera doesn’t work so i took it to authorised repair center as samsung advised.

I called the technician today and he said the device is beyond economical repair and they just couldn’t figure out how the water damaged the phone as it is water resistant. He said it may not sealed properly with previous repair but he doesnt want to blame anyone. They sent the phone to samsung and advise for replacement.

Samsung has been horrible with after sale service. This phone was sold to me with ip68 rating means can exposed to water up to 30 minutes under 1.5 meter.

Samsung was also sued by ACCC DUE TO misleading advertisement ( phone being used in the pool water) and denying water damage claims.

I have a strong feeling they will deny my claim. And i will take them to small claims court. Could you please advise if I have high chance of winning this or it is waste of my time and money
Thanks

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
take them to VCAT, not small Magistrates' Court.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Better than 50%.