VIC Caught Excessively Speeding on Suspended Drivers Licence - What to Expect?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Clancy

6 April 2016
He's mistaken.
The very idea that I have particular "influence" over anything here
is absurd.

Well that's kind of disappointing??.... if i was a lawyer and put in as much time and effort as you Tim on this site i would expect a great deal of respect and appreciation from administrators!.... influence, although unintended, would be a natural and intrinsic component of that.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Well that's kind of disappointing??....
Not to me.
...if i was a lawyer and put in as much time and effort as you Tim on this site i would expect a great deal of respect and appreciation from administrators!
I have no such expectation.
That said, they've said some nice things over the years.
...influence, although unintended, would be a natural and intrinsic component of that.
I get plenty of friendliness, and plenty of professional courtesy.
I have the exact same opportunity as every other user
to contact the Admins about... things.
But to have "influence" - in the sense of somehow having more "say", or more "sway"
then anybody else?
Nah.

Clancy

6 April 2016
Not to me.I have no such expectation.
That said, they've said some nice things over the years.I get plenty of friendliness, and plenty of professional courtesy.
I have the exact same opportunity as every other user
to contact the Admins about... things.
But to have "influence" - in the sense of somehow having more "say", or more "sway"
then anybody else?
Nah.

Mostly agree, but as someone who is well known and trusted by the devs, you will have more influence, trust me! But not to the extent that the devs will short change fairness to someone else, which is what the OP is talking about (i think?).

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney