QLD CAR IN GARAGE

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Fedupmel

10 September 2020
Hey, so I had someone stay with me for a few months, and they moved out in Feb 2020 - but left their car behind - which was okay to begin with, but then we stopped talking and I have asked them to move the car as I need the space in the garage now, the last I heard was in May that the car would be moved, but since then no communication at all

i contacted this persons parents to try and get the car moved, and the response I received was that they have asked him to get his car.

What can I do legally? The car is now unregistered and its a breach of my lease to house an unregistered car on the premises, but this person refuses to come get the car..

Can someone please help me?

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Hey, so I had someone stay with me for a few months, and they moved out in Feb 2020 - but left their car behind - which was okay to begin with, but then we stopped talking and I have asked them to move the car as I need the space in the garage now, the last I heard was in May that the car would be moved, but since then no communication at all

i contacted this persons parents to try and get the car moved, and the response I received was that they have asked him to get his car.

What can I do legally? The car is now unregistered and its a breach of my lease to house an unregistered car on the premises, but this person refuses to come get the car..

Can someone please help me?
Do you have the keys?