NSW Car Accident Without Car Insurance - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

uini tavita

15 May 2018
Hi,

I have a car accident happen at Oxford Road in Ingleburn. I reverse from the driveway, and at that time, I looked at both sides, and the back was all clear, and then my car was on the road, but the car that heated me was coming from the driveway road opposite with the address that I'm coming from. So the police said the lady whom the driver of that car is in the wrong.

I really need your support, 'cause I don't have car insurance and their insurance sent me a paper in order to fill it up to do a claim.

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Hi,

I have a car accident happen at Oxford Road in Ingleburn. I reverse from the driveway, and at that time, I looked at both sides, and the back was all clear, and then my car was on the road, but the car that heated me was coming from the driveway road opposite with the address that I'm coming from. So the police said the lady whom the driver of that car is in the wrong.

I really need your support, 'cause I don't have car insurance and their insurance sent me a paper in order to fill it up to do a claim.
Hi,
You need to fill in the claim form and send it to the car insurance. Did you get the police officer contact details to put them in the claim form, this way they can refer back to the police officer and your car will be fixed. So there is no issue.
As for issue of not having insurance, I am not sure if it is an office in your state, but if so, you will get a fine in the post.

Essilaia

11 June 2021
God, I'm so sorry that this happened to you. I don't want people to suffer... But if you need help, I can advise you of this option. If you didn't know, there are short-term insurance plans issued for a month or more, and you don't pay much for it. Read more in this article Short term insurance policies explained. I don't want to tell you everything at once. And the second option for you is that you should find a good lawyer who will help you with the preparation of various documents and so on. Hiring a lawyer may be a better option, but it's much more expensive. Hence, it all depends on your financial situation.

Last edited: