NSW Car Accident Without Car Insurance - What to Do?

Discussion in 'Traffic Law Forum' started by uini tavita, 15 May 2018.

1. uini tavita

uini tavita New Member

Hi,

I have a car accident happen at Oxford Road in Ingleburn. I reverse from the driveway, and at that time, I looked at both sides, and the back was all clear, and then my car was on the road, but the car that heated me was coming from the driveway road opposite with the address that I'm coming from. So the police said the lady whom the driver of that car is in the wrong.

I really need your support, 'cause I don't have car insurance and their insurance sent me a paper in order to fill it up to do a claim.

2. Ashish Tripati

Hi,

It is a legal offence in many countries to drive a car without insurance. It is better if you can hire or consult a lawyer for the same. You can either plan a settlement without any documentation done or any other possible ways to conclude with Win-Win Situation.

Thanks & Regards
    Frank

3. Adam1user

Adam1user Well-Known Member

Hi,
    You need to fill in the claim form and send it to the car insurance. Did you get the police officer contact details to put them in the claim form, this way they can refer back to the police officer and your car will be fixed. So there is no issue.
    As for issue of not having insurance, I am not sure if it is an office in your state, but if so, you will get a fine in the post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...