NSW Car Accident - Other Party has Car Insurance - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now


8 June 2015
Hi there,

Last Thursday, I got into a car accident on the Hume highway - the other party at fault. Now I don't have car insurance and she said she did. As I was in a rush to pick up my daughter from daycare before they closed, I only took a photo of her license and photos of the cars but I forgot to get the plate number (she did take a photo of my license too), so I texted she as soon as I got home and she said she will text me the plate number and her car insurance details in the morning but I didn't hear back from her. I texted her twice on Saturday and still no reply.

What can I do?

Sarah J

Well-Known Member
16 July 2014
Melbourne, Victoria
Hi KayAnne,

Try contacting the Roads and Maritime Services NSW and see if they can help you. You have the driver's licence and contact details so it should be possible to track down her licence.

If this doesn't work, try contacting the police and asking them to make a search.