Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

QLD Can I Go Bankrupt with Court Ordered Debt?

Discussion in 'Debt and Bankruptcy Law Forum' started by Blakeblake, 17 October 2016.

1. Blakeblake

Blakeblake Member

Long story short, I was unable to attend the final court hearing regarding parenting orders and property settlement with my ex-partner. The result being that I lost any share in our home and on top of that, I owe her an additional large sum of money plus court costs.

The amount I owe far exceeds $50,000 and I definitely do not have the means to pay this. My only asset is my car worth $15,000 but I also have $15,000 debt.

Does anyone know if these kinds of court-ordered costs are covered by bankruptcy?

I feel like this could be my only option but am doubtful that it is covered.

2. Victoria S

Victoria S Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...