VIC Ex Discharged from Bankruptcy - Property Settlement?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Kiwigirl

29 June 2017
My ex (de facto of 5 years) began legal proceedings for my property 3 months after his Bankruptcy was discharged. 3 years prior, he declared Bankruptcy one week before his own home settled and so he gifted proceeds of his own home to his former wife.

After discharge, he has made an arrangement with creditors to repay a $5k debt after the property settlement.

I know he has hidden assets however he still isn't pushed to hard to provide plus I read that he doesn't have to provide financial disclosure if Bankruptcy Act is also included.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
What do you mean by 'started proceedings'? What's his claim against your property?

And financial disclosure in what respect?

If this all relates to a property settlement under the Family Law Act, you'd be better placed putting it in the Family Law forum.

Kiwigirl

29 June 2017
Property division for defacto relationship
Usually in order to determine the share both parties must supply full financial disclosure
Is a bankrupt or discharged bankrupt exempt?
As I read if Bankruptcy Act is part of proceedings pre action procedure is not necessary

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
Okay, I suggest you repost your question in the Family Law Forum where it's more likely to get seen by a lawyer who practices in Family Law (which I'm not).