NSW Buyer or seller at fault car ? #car #buyer #seller #whosfault #help

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Cassidysamuel

19 January 2023
Hi so on the 1/12/2022 I brought a Volkswagen polo gti year model 2016 from a private seller for $19k.
The seller sold me the car, gave a me a car history check from carhistorycheck.com with a PPSR certificate stating that the car was in a good condition , never been written off ect.
However, my first issue is since then I have located a paper from the buyer prior to the lady that sold me the car stating he brought the car from pickles auction as a full statutory write off for hail damage - this was not disclosed by her or in the report - can anything be done there ?
Secondly, since owning the car on the 9th of January I was in a drive three and the car has turned off from the automatic on off system and would not turn back on however pushing it out of the drive through and trying to restart it worked and all seemed fine. The next day the 10th of Janurary I was driving the car and at the set of lights the car turned into the off mode and wouldn’t turn back on, tried to push or again and didn’t work so I had it towed to my local Volkswagen. They then quoted me $644 for a new earth main cable that had “tech have repaired cable and car can be driven however we do recommend replacing part ex Germany). I found it was easier to to order cable myself. They also told me I was going to need a new water pump after finding a coolant leak but still drivable, I didn’t get this done either as I want another mechanics opinion as there may not be a leak. I picked up the car after not having them order a new one just fixing what they did on Monday after the 16th now Thursday the 19th the car would not start again but Volkswagen showed how to fix the cable no charge.
My question is - is the seller deemed in the wrong for
1. Not disclosing the write off
2. With holding information that is reasonably know to myself the buyer
What action can I take please ?