Business between 2 Companies

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Kal

10 October 2019
Hi all,

I can't find an answer for my questions. If two companies have a contract and one is providing a service to the other..

Is the client allowed to release the rates/pricing that they are being charged by company providing the service?

The contract does not mention anything about this, and no confidentiality agreement has been signed by the two parties. So basically its not breaching the contract, but does it breach a law?

I would appreciate any help !

Thank you!

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Hi all,

I can't find an answer for my questions. If two companies have a contract and one is providing a service to the other..

Is the client allowed to release the rates/pricing that they are being charged by company providing the service?

The contract does not mention anything about this, and no confidentiality agreement has been signed by the two parties. So basically its not breaching the contract, but does it breach a law?

I would appreciate any help !

Thank you!

In general terms and based on what you wrote, I don't think there would be an issue as long as it is not stated in the contract or other communication that can be considered a supplement to the contract. Just a long shot, check if there is a law or legislation that does specify there should not be any disclosures. What I mean there could be a law, Act or legislation that does specify not to disclose the financial information for certain industry and that the agreement or contact between the parties no need to disclose that.
I am just answering based if I had a contract with a company, I am free to state what I am paying for them to anyone. My answer should change if there is information that you did not disclose.

Priya

6 January 2020
Unless it is mentioned in the contract, it is completely fine to reveal prices charged to others. I do not think it matters. It comes under Business Law. You can anytime take advice of a professional abut this.