Brand new faulty vechile

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Zaynab hamid

9 April 2018
I purchased a brand new nissan pathfinder 2015 when I first purchased it I noticed it was faulty it was very shaky. So I called the dealer and he told me to not use E10 petrol. I stopped using that petrol but the car was still the same so they inspected the car twice and didn't tell me what's wrong. The car was still shaking after the inspection they told me that there was a problem with gearbox. They made execuses like it'll take long to purchase the gearbox from over seas. Then i told them I'll make a complain if you don't. They then called me the next day and said you'll receive your gearbox next week. I then faced the same problem again with another problem with the engine smoking and the engine oil being low. I called the dealer and they told me that they'll fix the gearbox and they didn't mention the the engine although I've told them. In conclusion i don't want the car and I would like my full refund back according to the warranty or a replacement car. The dealer says thats not a major fault and that he'll not give me a refund nor a replacement. We aslo went to tribunal and they want me to provide them with a letter from an expert mechanic to prove thats a major issue.

Clancy

6 April 2016
Huh, E10 has the power of God in terms of mans capacity to blame everything on it! Rubbish, the manufacturer built garbage, that is the real answer.

I have noticed that pretty much all of the famous Japanese car brand technical designers have in recent years unanimously decided that the brand reputation they have worked so hard to built up over the years is no longer important too them and they are just going to design crap and then have recalls every five seconds. Personally, if it was me, i would 'not' think that was a good idea, but, hey, that's just me.