QLD Asked to include other parties solicitor in all correspondence?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

AmandaB

15 May 2018
Hi
All of a sudden ex has asked that from now on their solicitor be included in all correspondence regarding our children. We have been going through court since 2018.
I feel this is unnecessary and as the solicitor is Legal Aid funded, it is a waste of funding.

can anyone tell me if this is normal? I haven’t received any contact from the solicitor to ask for this, only from the ex.

thanks

Cameron1977

14 January 2019
I've not sure on the actual laws/rules if any.
Appreciate you are trying to save funding (costs), but I guess it doesn't hurt to include them.
Has he/she given you any guidelines as to what is to be cc'ed and what isn't? i.e. day to day, school matter, health?
You could not and just say to him/her, if you want them to be informed...feel free to forward to your solicitor. You do run the potential risk of them altering the content however you will have the original so wouldn't be a big deal and would get them trouble if they did.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
There is not a lot normal with some Family law matters. Tell Legal Aid and see what they say.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Go along with it. It isn't costing you money. True? If you're being reasonable then this will show the solicitor that you are not the problem here.

AmandaB

15 May 2018
Thanks for your advice everyone :) it isn’t a big deal & I have nothing to hide so can’t hurt