NSW Who is entitled to see financial disclosure in property settlement

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

RareAVIS

21 June 2017
HI

I have searched and searched online to find out the laws (NSW) regarding divorce and property and financial settlement. My New Partner has been assisting me (tremendously) albeit, with preparing my disclosure docs to provide to my solicitor which I am more than happy to provide as per the laws regarding full disclosure as I have nothing to hide, however my ex partner is not so forthcoming, yep shes the decietful dishonest one and still believes she is above the law.

Anyway my Question is regarding what little disclosure she has provided via her solicitor ( some not all of her bank statements with various questionable funds transfers) is it within my legal right for my new partner to view the disclosure docs received via my solicitor from EX???
My new partner has experience with my circumstance and as a qualified and employed bookkeeper has assisted numerous others in similar situations over the years and has never ever been informed this is against the law. She is currently employed as a business bookkeeper and is attending to all my busines and legal affairs and liasing with my solicitor constantly as I am out working long hours on site and often cannot attend to correspondence myself. My Solicitor has never mentioned anything, shes a god send she said if only all her clients were this efficient and organised, I would expect if my partner was not meant to be involved or view docs provided my solicitor woud have said so?? She has never mentioned this to be an issue legally. Which makes me think there is no law relating to either party receiving assisitance to review legal corro, gather and provide further financial information for a party to produce as disclosure relating to a financial property settlement.
thanks in advance