VIC Arrest Warrant - Will Partner be Allowed to Go Overseas?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

AllieJade

9 July 2016
Just found out my partner has an arrrest warrant for driving while disqualified and failure to appear in court. It's at least 2 years old and we had no clue about it or obviously would have done something before now.

The problem now is we've booked a holiday overseas for his sons 18th. We've paid for everything already and we can't afford to just throw it away.

I'm just wondering what his options would be to get it sorted out in the next 2 weeks before we go? Will he make it through customs or will he need to go and try to sort it out and hope they let him go overseas?

Ponala

10 February 2015
He should make it through customs without any issues, I doubt that they would have flagged this warrant with immigration. (Being a cop I wouldn't flag it just for a driving offence)

If you want to be sure you could always go and have the warrant executed at a Police station. He won't be locked up, would be released on bail with a new court date in a few months time.