QLD Appearance of "No Convictions Recorded" on Criminal History Check

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

xtrippyx

30 October 2015
Good morning,

I have a question regarding criminal history checks. Does "no conviction recorded" show on a criminal history check when a workplace completes one?

Thanks!

Ponala

10 February 2015
I beg to differ. A criminal history check will show previous findings of guilt, be they with or without conviction.

xtrippyx

30 October 2015
Thank you both for your responses. I phoned the actual place the employers request the criminal check and they advised that no-convictions do not show.

Also it came back clear, so thank you :)

CCB

20 October 2016
Is anyone able to clarify if 'guilt without conviction' will show on police check for employment purpose in Victoria. Please. Made some mistakes when I was young and really worried if it will affect my next job application...

Lance

31 October 2015
Is anyone able to clarify if 'guilt without conviction' will show on police check for employment purpose in Victoria. Please. Made some mistakes when I was young and really worried if it will affect my next job application...
In Victoria, a finding of Guilt with no conviction recorded is still released with a police check. Of course, as with other states and territories if the crime was committed as an adult after 10 years it will no longer be released and 5 years if committed as a child.

While the 10 and 5-year rules do hold true for most situations there are a number of reasons that the information of previous crimes will be released

dani.t.

16 November 2016
Also, for some reason, diferent types of checks seem to come up with different answers, so sometimes it may be wise to say you had a few problems when you were young, just in case.