VIC Will Spent Conviction Show on Criminal History Check?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Tray

1 August 2016
Hi. I recently submitted a f110 form to the magistrates court to have criminal convictions spent. The convictions are 17 years old and are on 'taking part in the production of a controlled substance'. I filled out the "apply for exemption" section.

My question is, will the spent conviction show on a criminal history check for employment in aged care?

S

Sophea

Hi Tray, this document https://agedcare.health.gov.au/site...police_check_guidelines_23_september_2014.pdf states that any police check will be subject to state, territory and commonwealth spent conviction schemes, therefore I would suspect that such aged care employers would not require a police check that reveals spent convictions. As I understand it there is no automatic right to your convictions being spent in VIC after 10 years but I gather by the fact that you have submitted an "f110 form" that you are up to speed with the requirements for getting your conviction spent.

Generally, the jobs for which convictions must be disclosed to employers is when they are jobs in the judiciary, law enforcement, teaching, and professions that involve contact with children.

Hope that helps.