SA Am I liable tp pay?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Chiz80

24 October 2020
New Member 👋
Am i liable to pay for half drawn up Consent orders?
Back story - I have previously seen a lawyer and gotten legal advice, however their orders were quiet expensive as they are a boutique firm. Therefore i find an "Australia wide Online" place that drafts them for half the price! My ex and I had come to an agreement in email...very simple property settlement - literally just splitting sold house funds and equalizing super. I contacted the "online" firm and asked my questions, they said they would be happy to help. Just return this Client information form and your ex do the same and the orders will be drawn up in a couple of days. I filled out my form and sent back, BUT my ex then refused to co-operate and said he is engaging a lawyer to send through a proposal.😖
This "online" place is now sending me an invoice for HALF the cost of the orders ($600ish) as she states she started drafting them with all my info! Why would you start drafting without ALL information from ALL parties? Is this a normal thing? Im a single mother with $11/week in CS, I was going to have to borrow the money for the completed forms....now they want me to pay for partially filled in forms that I cant do anything with? They are stating Im lucky they dont charge the FULL amount.
There was no disclaimer, no information and i didnt/havent signed anything. Am i liable for this cost??