After Tribunal remit my case to Immigration

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jayce

12 January 2021
Hello,
I was wondering what's next when AAT gave me my case decision is "remit" to immigration.
will it be fast track maybe takes few months?
the immigration website says it need to wait for 12-15 months.
but I am not quite sure if AAT make the decision "remit" and the case go back to immigration should I wait again?
or will it be fast track maybe takes few months(subclass 802)?
I can't find out any information on the internet about processing time after AAT have remitted.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Do you understand what remittal is?

Jayce

12 January 2021
Do you understand what remittal is?
Thank you for your reply : - D
Yes, I think I understand what is remittal.
but one thing that I not sure is how long should I wait for immigrantion granted my visa after my case was remitted by AAT...
my friend told me just need to queue in line and wait in immigration system when AAT return case to Immigration,
but seems like he doesn't know about it as well.
I was curious and can't found out how long about "processing time" after AAT remit the case to immigration to grant applicant's Visa..
the reason that I asked is.. my laywer says I still need to be a full-time student before Immigrantion grant my visa, but I gonna finish my course and study next month, it means I need to find another institute or uni to study and pay additional school fee's... (I have some financial problem so I hope it better doesn't need to find another course to study..). Due to this reason, so I would like to know how long does immigration to grant my visa after AAT gave the decision with "remit".
Thank you again.
have a nice day mate :)
Jayce

Last edited:

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Let me answer the question you are really asking.
There is no fast tracking, and no, you cannot pay to have things fast tracked.

I don't have enough information to even take a guess
about whether or not a Bridging Visa is on the table in your case.

What application (for what class of visa) are you appealing?