Affordable lawyer in Geelong required

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosh

23 January 2017
Hello,

I am looking into changing my current lawyer to handle my civil case against a small IT company for breach of contract and possibly represent me in the court.

IT company did not deliver on the project as promised and now are denying to return the payment. I have sent the company a letter of demand and tried to offer to settle on the refund but have declined the offer every time. We had a written and verbal agreement in place but the contractor failed to honour it. The case is a 100% win.

My current law firm is not giving priority to my case and have changed 2 lawyers because the lawyers left the firm. And keep asking me to pay more money but havent provided valuable advice so far.

I am looking for a lawyer who will give priority to my case and have it resolved as soon as possible.

I am looking for a lawyer in Geelong, VIC city as I would prefer to meet the lawyer to discuss the case in person than communicate via only emails.

Please recommend an affordable lawyer who will have the best interest for their clients.

Thank you
Rosh

lawanswers

Staff member
6 April 2014
Hi @Rosh,
Please consider supporting a lawyer who supports the LawAnswers.com.au community.
You can see and read verified reviews for lawyers in/near Geelong and instantly book an appointment online for a phone call or meeting at the lawyer's office at: Geelong, VIC Lawyers: Book Online Instantly
Some lawyers offer a free first consultation and fixed fee services.

In my experience (as a lawyer and a business owner client), it is also important to offer some feedback on your comments:
  1. There is no such thing as a 100% win. I've been involved in many commercial disputes where an order/judgment has been successfully obtained, and the opposing party no longer has the means to pay or the time/cost to enforce the order/judgment is not commercially viable.
  2. Costs and communication issues are some of the most common complaints made against lawyers. Where you experience an issue, you should consider escalating your concerns to the law firm's principal or managing partner. If you are dissatisfied with their response, consider contacting the Legal Services Commissioner. The Legal Services Commissioner also has a useful fact sheet on working with lawyers: http://lsbc.vic.gov.au/documents/Fact_sheet-Working_with_your_lawyer-2015.pdf
Hope this helps and all the best,
Seamus

Reactions: Rosh
Status
Not open for further replies.