TAS Advice on Disability Pension application

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

hereshoping

10 May 2017
Hi - I would like some input please. I have applied for disability support pension January? last year and was denied. Asked for review and ARO spat out a duplicate of the error ridden first denial. Went to AAT and was again denied and now awaiting second AAT hearing. I have COPD / Asthma overlap - my doctor studied the impairment ratings and said 20 - 25 but as it rounds down she certified 20 on the DHS scale. The condition is permanent and at the time of application and for the following 13 +weeks was "diagnosed treated and stabilised" as per the DHS criteria. AFTER the 13 week period my condition worsened hence the consensus is that I was not stabilised and treated. My argument is that my condition WAS diagnosed treated and stabilised in that window and as this is a continually declining condition how can DHS pull medical data outside (after)that 13 week period and apply it claiming that I am not stabilised. I am not permitted to site my worsening condition in my favour. What should I do? How do I approach this please.Advice would be gratefully received.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
You may need to get a lawyer and go to court.

10 February 2018
Hi - I would like some input please. I have applied for disability support pension January? last year and was denied. Asked for review and ARO spat out a duplicate of the error ridden first denial. Went to AAT and was again denied and now awaiting second AAT hearing. I have COPD / Asthma overlap - my doctor studied the impairment ratings and said 20 - 25 but as it rounds down she certified 20 on the DHS scale. The condition is permanent and at the time of application and for the following 13 +weeks was "diagnosed treated and stabilised" as per the DHS criteria. AFTER the 13 week period my condition worsened hence the consensus is that I was not stabilised and treated. My argument is that my condition WAS diagnosed treated and stabilised in that window and as this is a continually declining condition how can DHS pull medical data outside (after)that 13 week period and apply it claiming that I am not stabilised. I am not permitted to site my worsening condition in my favour. What should I do? How do I approach this please.Advice would be gratefully received.

I was also denied the first time how long after diagnosis did u apply for DSP..