Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Access Visits - Custody of Children

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Beaches, 27 June 2014.

  1. Beaches

    Beaches Member

    27 June 2014
    Likes Received:
    Please help, my adult son lives in Victoria. He has a daughter and is separated from his partner. They share custody of a minor ( custody of children), one week each.

    The point in question, his family lives in NSW and he come to NSW for visits' with his daughter in the school holidays. Can the mother stop him from bringing the granddaughter for visits in the holidays ?

    At Christmas time she does not want him to spend 4 weeks in NSW, which is alternated time one year December so she has Christmas day, next year January so we have Christmas day. Under family law, can she stop him from spending 4 weeks in the long holidays? Can she restrict him from spending school holidays in NSW? Please where do we stand, he wants to spend time with his family in NSW.
  2. rebeccag

    rebeccag Well-Known Member

    8 April 2014
    Likes Received:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page