NSW Abandoned House Laws in NSW?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

danielle81

27 April 2017
Hi
Was wanting as much info as possible in regards to abandoned houses in NSW. Have done a few searches on the LPI.GOV site to find title holders details, and it returned a business name a (solicitors).? The most recent certificate of title, says STATUS-NOT IN LPI, DELIVERY DATE- 1998, I also searched and got 3 title ref numbers linked to the property.?? Don't know if any of that info helps you? The property is zoned med density residential, its terribly over grown and has become an eyesaw, all doors and windows boarded up, power cut off at pole, its sat like this for about 20yrs or more. No neighbours know of owner ? Doubt that land taxes and rates are up to date. Are there any laws that would allow someone to pay all outstanding money to acquire the property? Would like to buy it..also what if the property is a deceased estate with no next of kin? What happens then.? Thanks for your time and help. Greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Reactions: Greengirl

Greengirl

30 June 2018
Oh that's a shame, I am very interested to know about this as well. There is a property near where I live that appears completely abandoned and I dont know where to go to find information.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
You may be able to in NSW if rates are unpaid. Best to see a property lawyer.