NSW Workplace Bullying - What are My Employee Rights and Entitlements?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

tbig

17 February 2016
I was in a workplace bullying situation at work and this has been escalated to the HR and workcover NSW. I am temporarily in another department, performing suitable duties under a workcover return to work plan.

I've had to give up my career in another area due to the anxiety and stress I've developed as a result of the workplace bullying incidents of my direct manager. The experiences have been too traumatic for me to return to the same area to work along side my direct manager. I feel uncertain about my future career prospects (whether I would be dismissed/forced to resign/pushed into a dead end job as I am being pressured to look for external opportunities) and would like to know my legal employee rights.

Can someone please help me?

Serge Gorval

LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
2 November 2015
Sydney
lawtap.com
Hi Tbig
The situation you described is quite commonplace in today's workplaces, however, you as an employee have protection from workplace harassment and bullying.

If you are a national system employee (majority of workforce), there are several claims that you can pursue to seek recourse depending on what that re-course you want.

Furthermore, if your position has been altered and the change is adverse there is a separate claim you may bring against your employer.

I need to know a little more, but it sounds like your employer is pushing you out ?