WA work contract and the supply of

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Greg lynch

20 December 2015
When signing my work contract i did not receive a copy, what? if any obligations does the company have to supply me now with my original or copy of the work contract I signed? which for some reason they are not wanting or willing to do thanks Greg

Adam1user

5 January 2018
When signing my work contract i did not receive a copy, what? if any obligations does the company have to supply me now with my original or copy of the work contract I signed? which for some reason they are not wanting or willing to do thanks Greg

You should have a copy and be able to obtain a signed copy for your records. They are not allowed to do this. I think you may have misunderstood from the other party that they will not provide, example, when you asked they were busy and could not do it at that time ,and I assume you work in a small company, I am just assuming, if my assumption is wrong, then you need to request the contact by email and try to get something in writing that they refused. then if it gets to a legal stage, you have your support.
I am surprised on why you did not take a copy, usually there are two copies that should be signed by both parties, one signed copy for each.