NSW work carpark I got in to a car accident a couple of weeks back. I got hit by 4WD. The person acknowl

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

tuca

24 March 2018
I got in to a car accident a couple of weeks back. I got hit by 4WD. The person acknowledge the responsibility and asked me to make a quote, but then he changed his mind and made a claim when i send him the quote.
The car insurance company since it's their client they come to this conclusion that it's my fault.
I was in my car ready to leave the car parking, looked around waited for a car pass behind me
when it had pass by and stopped about 10 cars far away from me i reverse,
and came 100% way out of my spot, i changed gear and started to turning stationary when i saw the same car that had pass me reversing very fast.
i didn't had time to get back or reverse as my car was point to the car that was next to me, he turned his car to get in to my space hitting my left front door and his left back side, he came out from his car and admitted he didn't see me and he only saw the empty space (my car is a ute)
Now his ensurance will not pay me saying was my fault ( was 50%50) and i should wait for him i said wait for what if he didn't wait me to get out i had no answer then, the only answer was "was your fault he was on the strip line he is right".
what should i do?