VIC Wife's Pregnency Contraction as Special Circumtances

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Craig-M80

9 April 2017
Hi There,

Speeding Issue: 6 months suspension for doing over 36 km/hr on 100 km / hr zone on M80 ring road

Will this special circumtances count?

- My wife had False Contraction (Braxton Hicks) and had to rush to home because I am the only person with license in home.
- I was under pressure to go home as fast as I can
- I regularly travel on M80 - regular office at least 90 km per day
- Set my cruise control
- Camera picture also show I have braked once I realized it was changed to 60 from hunderd
- By the time I slowed down it was too late
- I was on lane 3 which had arrow sign to go to lane 2 which had 60 as speed.
- False Contraction causing loss of concentration on March 22 after 8 PM. Baby delivered on April 4, after 13 days

Will this be a special circumstance?

Never had fine, clear history.

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi Craig,
A medical emergency can qualify as a special circumstance. Can braxton hicks? Its all a matter of perception. Is this your first child? I have 5 so I'm a bit used to braxton hicks, but first time round you could think its the end game. Victoria police a well known throughout Australia for being less than reasonable. You could give it a go. Try writing to:
Officer in Charge
Traffic Camera Office
GPO Box 1916
Melbourne 3001

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
What's relevant is your reasonable knowledge at the time the events occurred. I take it that you were operating under the belief your wife was actually going into labour. That it turned out to be false contractions is irrelevant - you had no way of knowing that at the time.

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
I'd fight it. There is a chance you can win.

Craig-M80

9 April 2017
Should I be writing to Traffic Camera Office or Civic Compliance? their law says no review if speed is over 35 km/hr of the limit .....I feel sick, frustrated and depressed !

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Write anyway. Then if they say no or don't answer in time make sure you elect to go to court before the expiry window closes.