SA Who Looks After Children While Other Parent is in Hospital?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

paulie

7 September 2014
  • Just that the kids reside with the mother untill it goes back to court in dec the 5 and i do have the blood report from the hospital as well it states on it that there was codine and valium and benzodpine in there system and sleeping tablets too and my ex has admited to substance abuse

AllForHer

23 July 2014
So, what you have are interim orders made by the court.

The same still stands - you don't have an automatic right to care for the kids while mum is in hospital. It needs to be negotiated between you.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Look, you've been very unclear about your situation and have made very minimal effort to provide the information needed to get an adequate answer for you.

In simple terms, no, you don't have a right to care for the kids when the mother is in hospital. You don't have any rights as a parent, only your child does.

Please get legal advice. I don't think anybody here can help you any further than they already have.

paulie

7 September 2014
All it says is th
Look, you've been very unclear about your situation and have made very minimal effort to provide the information needed to get an adequate answer for you.

In simple terms, no, you don't have a right to care for the kids when the mother is in hospital. You don't have any rights as a parent, only your child does.

Please get legal advice. I don't think anybody here can help you any further than they already have.
All it says is that they reside with the mother untill it goes back to court
If she has lied on a court order can that go bad against her which she has by not telling the truth and by under lineing it when i do have the proof that she is on drugs

rebeccag

8 April 2014
Major issue you need to explain Paulie:
What is the 'it' you keep referring to? (You say 'it says ...' this or that.)
As you'll see from the many posts from people trying to help, you need to spell it out for us - whether the "it" is an Interim Court Order OR ... something carrying less force like a text message. We don't know because you haven't clearly stated it and nobody knows your exact situation. So you can pick what's relevant from the information given above I guess if you don't know/can't tell us.
Even so, @AllForHer's information still applies, so you can refer back to it.
Good luck with it.

paulie

7 September 2014
Major issue you need to explain Paulie:
What is the 'it' you keep referring to? (You say 'it says ...' this or that.)
As you'll see from the many posts from people trying to help, you need to spell it out for us - whether the "it" is an Interim Court Order OR ... something carrying less force like a text message. We don't know because you haven't clearly stated it and nobody knows your exact situation. So you can pick what's relevant from the information given above I guess if you don't know/can't tell us.
Even so, @AllForHer's information still applies, so you can refer back to it.
Good luck with it.
My daughter ran out of the police station last week after me can i use that in court to get my daughter but a person from centercare came running after her and got her my daughter is only 2.5 years old

AllForHer

23 July 2014
The incident you've given above is not enough reason for a court to submit a child to an upheaval in her life by changing the residency arrangements. All it shows is that your daughter has a secure attachment to you, which is very good for your case, but if you are aiming for sole parental responsibility, you need to show why the child living with you is in her best interests.

Reactions: Sarah J