QLD Family Law - Refusing Access to Children - Liable to Child Abuse?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Dwayne Harry

13 November 2015
If 2 parents separate and 1 parent attains custody of children and proceeds to cease all contact between children and the other parent, including phone calls, when there has never been any cause for concern about the children's safety with the other parent, then is the parent ceasing communication and contact liable for child abuse/neglect under Family Law?

The intention of the first parent is to clearly emotionally hurt the second parent, but in doing so, is also emotionally hurting the children who love the second parent.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Nope, don't even bother with pushing that line of argument. What you need to do is get to court and get orders in place to facilitate access... The best way to achieve that is to create an image that you're able to effectively co-parent with the other person even if they are being hostile.

I know, I know - don't get me started, but you will get a better result by showing you can work with the other parent instead of drawing attention to the fact that he/she is a twit.