QLD Where can I go next?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Hello202

9 March 2024
Hello

Sorry, first time poster.

I have ongoing medical issues. Been accessing my super and collecting cans/ bottles to help with my costs of living after getting kicked to the kerb by ex-employer of 18 years on medical grounds. Did try Jobseeker for about 12 months; they don't help with finding a job for people like me.

Have been living off-grid (electricity, gas, water - except for testing of the system every few months by flushing the toilet that uses 6-7 litres - for a few years since I escaped DV a few years back).

Urban Utilities (QLD, Brisbane) installed a new water meter mid-January, 2024.

I noticed it was recording a leak of about 1 litre a day (that's ALL it was recording as I live off-grid).

I reported it to Urban Utilities.

Urban Utilities refused to repair/ do anything about it, stating words to the effect that the new metre is recording the water usage 'accurately'. They keep telling me to call. But I can't speak, and have no phone.

Urban Utilities also declined to turn off the mains despite it ONLY recording the litre a day leakage. Very bizarre that an organisation claiming water management is mis-managing water so badly!

And apparently I'm not the only one this happened to! The difference is other people in Brisbane CAN turn their mains water off (one declared they installed a water tank and got off mains water). I can't turn my mains water off despite relying on my water jars 100% because of my weak and arthritic hands and Urban Utilities won't do that either despite not fixing the leak.

Would appreciate any suggestions to escalate and address this ongoing water leakage - ANYTHING would be appreciated. Thank You!