QLD When Should I Engage a Barrister in Family Court?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Lennon

11 September 2014
My Brisbane judge is male. Perhaps they have a ingrained issue with the judiciary at the FCCA in Brisbane, because in my experience in other jurisdictions (Perth, Melbourne) has been vastly different to my experience in Brisbane.

Migz

20 November 2016
My god this sounds like a judge I had in Brisbane as well, she never read anything, and never followed the family report recommendations.... here is the clue Butch ...... and the sundance kid.

Cairns123

16 January 2018
Yes I have a "she" Judge in Brisbane!

If you could PM me that would be wonderful.

Do you need an email?
I think I might have the same judge and had the same issue. About how much does it cost for a barrister for a day, how do you email through this ?

Billbobson

15 March 2016
I think I might have the same judge and had the same issue. About how much does it cost for a barrister for a day, how do you email through this ?

Mine was about $4k for the day, plus $1200 for lead in work with my lawyer. Expensive but it got me a good result.

Cairns123

16 January 2018
Bill thanks, are you able to share the name of the Barrister please - is there a way to do this through this forum where is it not publicized?

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney

Billbobson

15 March 2016
Bill thanks, are you able to share the name of the Barrister please - is there a way to do this through this forum where is it not publicized?

Yeah not sure how I can recommend, and I don't want to in such a public setting as it may give details away about my trial. Maybe put an email in and I'll see if I can get it?

Lennon

11 September 2014
Mine was about $4k for the day, plus $1200 for lead in work with my lawyer. Expensive but it got me a good result.

That's pretty good. I paid $1200 to mine in the initial period when he attended a directions hearing and gave me some advice about the proceedings, then $5,000 for work in the lead-up to the final hearing (not a lot, I prepared all documents myself) and attending the final hearing.

And that was "mate's rates" because he is a close friend of a relative.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney