Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

NSW What to Do About Rude Company Under Employment Law?

Discussion in 'Employment Law Forum' started by lucychina, 26 June 2016.

1. lucychina

lucychina Member

A few days ago, I applied a job about packing from an online agency. Two years ago, I sent my resume to an online agency, but they ignored me. This time, I have had experience and they are also wanting packing workers, but they’re still ignoring me.

I went to agency few times and I sent some gifts, but they still told me it was unsuccessful. I asked why they refuse me again and again, and this time, I already have experience with packing, and they said it is because they have a lot of people who applied and then they told me to "get out"!

The next day, I went to the cheese factory and met the boss. He looks like Chinese, and he said he will call the agency, and then the agency told me: if you again come, they will call the police to catch me.

In Australia, what I can do to get help under employment law and do something about this rude company? I'm very sad for the rude agency.

2. Louise4007

Louise4007 Well-Known Member

This sounds like a recruitment / employment agency who from my understanding, are not obliged to promise or guarantee anyone a job. They usually select a person or persons that best fits the requirements or needs for the job advertised ... That's usually all they are required to do. Its' probably a good idea to be polite even though some of the people you have dealt with seem to be rude.

Good luck:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...