NSW What Power Does an Administrator of a Will Have?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

helenonwheels

1 June 2015
Does an administrator of a will have any power over the money left? My partner's mother died and left money to him and a sister only, even though there are 5 children. The sister is the administrator after the executor refused to deal with it they do not get along and he does not trust her she does have to follow the instructions of the will?
There is a lawyer involved also they said she has to abide by the will?

winston wolf

21 April 2014
Adelaide
changefpa.com.au
Yes, she needs to follow the will, but she also needs to be careful about how she does it.
Perhaps if you told us how long has the delay been and is there any chance of a contest or other complications you could get a more complete answer.

helenonwheels

1 June 2015
There has been no delay as far as I know she wants the money, and there has been no contest from the others so far, there is no property only money and not a great amount, it all sounds simple but we don't trust her if she can access the funds or is that the lawyers job to draw the cheques?

winston wolf

21 April 2014
Adelaide
changefpa.com.au
So if the question is does the administrator have to follow the instructions of the will?
The answer is yes.
Perhaps you should read you question and make it clear what you want to know?

Reactions: ClareB

ClareB

4 February 2015
I agree with Wolf, the simple answer is that an Administrator is required to take charge of the assets and liabilities of an Estate and distribute according to the Will.