VIC Parents Left No Will - Sibling Taking Things from Estate?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

RoseBonn

5 September 2017
My husband's father and mother passed away suddenly 2 1/2 months ago and have left money in a bank account and a house, which is fully paid off in the country. There was no will and there are only 2 siblings, himself and his sister.

They told him when they were alive that they want him to be executor of will for the estate when they go as they did not trust his sister's partner and would always say that the will has been made and was with the title of the house in the bank. The bank advised that they don't hold the house title unless there is money owing and they do not hold any personal paper (the will) with it.

No will has been found. However, his sister knew of their wishes and agreed for my husband to apply for Administration which we are due to apply for tomorrow. His sister has become angry with him because it's not happening fast enough for her. She has removed items from the house, a large jewelry box, photos, antique sewing machine, and other items.

She has been going there every day searching for things. She refused to answer our texts until we said that we are about to report it missing to the police. She said that she was instructed by her solicitor to take them but we were not informed. Can she be charged for this?

winston wolf

21 April 2014
Adelaide
changefpa.com.au
No she cant. Call the cops.
Document EVERYTHING keep record of avery sms, phone call. Everything.
If and or when this all goes bad having good records makes a big difference.

RoseBonn

5 September 2017
I've already called the police they have told me that it's a civil matter and she would not be able to be charged and we should seek advice of a lawer. I think this is a load of BULL so angry!

RoseBonn

5 September 2017
I've already called the police they have told me that it's a civil matter and she would not be able to be charged and we should seek advice of a lawer. I think this is a load of BULL so angry!