- 31 August 2016
I'll try to summarise in bullet points our situation:
- Dad is going to respite care with view of going permanent.
- Dad does not speak English.
- Dad has a house overseas.
- Dad is an Australian Permanent Resident however no access to Pension from neither government.
- Dad is a retiree and his only asset is really his overseas house.
- Mom will be putting most of her hard earned savings towards dad's nursing home Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD).
- mom wants that peace of mind that the money which she'll put in for the RAD will be fully refundable to her, once he's deceased, without any complexity in the future.
- mom wants for the overseas house to be given to us, once he's deceased. We understand overseas government may have their own ruling but we want to cover everything the right way from Australian government and ruling perspective.
- What do we actually need for our objectives? Wills? Power of Attorney? Guardianship?