NSW what are my legal rights and what can i do

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

am35

20 August 2017
last night after work myself my husband and a friend went out so my husband and friend could have a few drinks and we could all have a play on the pokies.
when out towards end of the night my husband was sitting quietly playing his phone waiting for myself and his friend to finish plating when he was approached by the duty manager who with no evidence or proof of any type accused my huseband of attempting to sell drugs to other patrons . and the duty manager said that he had the right to falsely accused my husband when he had no proof he done this in front of multiple other patrons
we asked to see cctv footage of my husband approaching other patrons but was refused
we all feel that the duty manager was being racist as he singled out my husband .
what are our legal rights and what can we do.
Please help asap

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
we all feel that the duty manager was being racist as he singled out my husband .
Why?
To what extent is race a factor here?
what are our legal rights and what can we do.
First, understand that there is no "our rights".
As the person on the "receiving end" of this thing,
your husband might have been the victim of racial discrimination,
and may have some options, but the rest of you are probably not, and probably don't.

Your husband, if he wants to take this thing further,
should start by having a meeting with the Club's General Manager,
and making his complaint of racial discrimination to her/him.