QLD Wait for QCAT to Issue Order to Vacate?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

CAZ80

22 August 2016
Brisbane
Hi All

Would appreciate some help!

I have a small residential property with current tenants approximately six weeks rent in arrears. All notices re: breaches have been issued. After their final notices and passed due dates to vacate, they are now simply refusing to leave.

I have been advised that I need to make an application to QCAT for order to vacate (which I have done) at which time the police can become involved and forcibly remove them if necessary. QCAT have advised that it may take up to three weeks for them to process the order! Is this standard?

Not only is rent in arrears, they often engage in abusive verbal slanging matches. There is very suspicious behaviour going on, (people coming and going constantly throughout the day, people crawling around under the house, loud banging being heard).

The property is alongside another tenancy of mine which provides services to children - their clients have raised some concerns and they have raised their issues with me.

My question is, is there anything else I can do or do I just need to sit and wait for QCAT to grant the order and give the police permission to get involved?

Thanks in advance!

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Unless they are doing something illegal, you need to wait.