WA Unfair Redundancy - Can I Seek Compensation & How?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Paul Smit

22 August 2014
Perth, WA
By unfair selection process, my post was made redundant. Should I have ensure I have legal representation when the results of the appeal is made, as there may be grounds for compensation for unfair redundancy?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Do you have any proof the process was unfair? Without proof, it is unlikely you have a case. A redundancy is normally OK. They will need to pay your entitlements in full.

Paul Smit

22 August 2014
Perth, WA
Do you have any proof the process was unfair? Without proof, it is unlikely you have a case. A redundancy is normally OK. They will need to pay your entitlements in full.

Yes I have ample proof that is all mentioned with supporting factual information and documents. There is clear evidence of favouritism, and flawed process executed. Unfairness, uneven yardstick lack of reasoning and finally what appears to be deliberate witch hunt due to my diverse sexuality. The outcome of the appeal is due this week. Supposing it now is set aside and a new position is created. Could any move resulting from the outcome of the redundancy be set aside be considered as admission of guilt? My career in this Telco is now ruined. I am now damaged goods and due to the revelations in the appeal, there will always be a strained relationship amoungst myself and a number of folk whom conspired against me. I would then take a reasonable compensation for loss of career, besides entitlement and go work elsewhere.