NSW Trying to reach agreement on combined consent orders

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

OptionalSettings

17 February 2018
@sammy01 you are right, 5 days a fortnight is not a bad situation to be in, and during the last school holidays I did get the kids every other day even though sometimes they'd have to go home at night, plus a few extra days/nights thrown in and public holidays. I guess my problem is to do with trust and the uncertainty of what my wife might do once property is settled. I've already had threats of getting the boys for one night per week if I don't agree to demand X. She has never actually followed through but I can't be too careful. My wife has been after assets pretty much since the start so I don't think she will accept waiting it out any longer, she has threatened legal proceedings, could just be threats again. I also want to get it finalised though so I can move on.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Let her threaten court... So what.. You'll get a fair run there and they will want to sort the kids out first because child access is indirectly linked to assets. So If one parent decided to do the bolt and have nothing to do with young kids.... The other parent would have grounds for wanting more assets due to greater need.

If you can get 5 a fortnight and 6 by 2020 with it all wrapt up in consent orders I reckon you ought to accept it. BUT does that mean half school holidays? and how would you go with that? Mate sometimes emotion gets in the way of reality. If you're work can manage you having kids half of school holidays then go for it... Same, with 50/50 nice idea But if you're fly in fly out for example - the practical realities don't work

Reactions: OptionalSettings