QLD Traffic Law on Fines Arriving Weeks Later?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Gyl713

3 October 2016
Hey guys,

Was riding with a mate of mine on a local mountain road in Brisbane. As we were riding, my mate saw a bike behind him trying to catch up so I said I'll pull over so they can pass us as we both indicated to the left to let him through he slowed down with us and wouldn't go. From then I knew it was a cop, so we just cruised along about 1km later as I came up to a hill. I saw a cop with a radar gun hiding, then the bike cop over took both of us and indicated us to pull over... There were 5 cop bikes and a highway patrol all hiding there.

He then said, do you know what speed you were doing, over and over again. I kept saying no, I know mate. They check both our licenses, breath tests us both and went on his iPad for about 10min. He then said I was doing 90kph (70 zone) and you were pulling away from me...

I said, ok what speed did you clock me at? They said well it's on video and it will be time and distance. It's up to my boss, he can decide what to do from there. You might get something on the mail you might not. Bye, mate.

WTF were they both spinning out? Sounds to me like he was trying to scare us but he didn't actually get a reading on his radar ( attached to the bike ) and his video well as soon as he tailed us we were doing below the speed limit.

Any inputs on traffic law? Any get pulled over only to receive a fine weeks late?

sammy01

27 September 2015
Sounds dodgy...I don't think you're gonna get anything in the mail. Let us know.