VIC Traffic camera office matter

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Phalanx

15 December 2019
Hey everyone,

I have a traffic matter due to be heard in Court. I am representing myself.

I believe I am innocent and would like to claim damages for the days that I have missed out on work to go to court, and the emotional stress dealing with the matter.

I have heard I am not eligible to claim damages over this matter. Is this true?

Also, I work a casual job and have heard that I need to prove that I was going to be rostered on the days I needed to attend court and that I need to get a report from a psychologist for a claim of emotional distress. Does any know anything about these as well?

I am interested to hear peoples opinion as well.

Thanks

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Hey everyone,

I have a traffic matter due to be heard in Court. I am representing myself.

I believe I am innocent and would like to claim damages for the days that I have missed out on work to go to court, and the emotional stress dealing with the matter.

I have heard I am not eligible to claim damages over this matter. Is this true?

Also, I work a casual job and have heard that I need to prove that I was going to be rostered on the days I needed to attend court and that I need to get a report from a psychologist for a claim of emotional distress. Does any know anything about these as well?

I am interested to hear peoples opinion as well.

Thanks

From my understand, you don't have a case. If you are right, the out come can be that the infringement does not stand and you may pay court costs, this will depend on the Magistrate/Judge. Claims for loss of income or emotional stress can not be claimed. Better ask a traffic lawyer.

Ponala

10 February 2015
You can claim reasonable costs that you have incurred, ie: lost wages/property damage and the like.

You won't get costs for emotional stress, going to court is emotional but not something you can claim.