NSW Triggered Safety Camera - What to Do under Traffic Law?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Craig Nielsen

20 October 2015
I've been done at a safety camera

The thing is that I triggered the camera with the front wheels of the truck I was driving. I was stopped at the lights just before the line closed to the first pic shows. I flinched at the green arrow not the full light.

I got on it to go but seen I was still on the red and stopped and triggered the camera for the second time. The second pic shows where I'd stopped. I did not go any further than what the second pic shows. Do I have a leg to stand on on this matter under Traffic Law?

Regards

P.s. can't add pics

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Depends. Ignoring the lines on the road, did your truck enter the intersection? Ie caused vehicles on your right to stop or go around you?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Good, there's an excellent chance you did not 'enter the intersection' after the signal went red and there you would not be guilty. Depends how far you want to push it. Chances are you'll need 2, maybe 3 court appearances to clear your name. You need to decide if it is worth the time.

By the way, I prefer the term tax cameras.

Craig Nielsen

20 October 2015
Good, there's an excellent chance you did not 'enter the intersection' after the signal went red and there you would not be guilty. Depends how far you want to push it. Chances are you'll need 2, maybe 3 court appearances to clear your name. You need to decide if it is worth the time.

By the way, I prefer the term tax cameras.
Thank you very much Rod that's exactly what I wanted to know
Regards