Thoughts on outcome of final hearing

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Patricia Wright

21 May 2017
My opinion is your husband would get at least 5 nights through court.
If there's no evidence of child abuse or neglect, then the only reason the mother could have to refuse extra time is financial (centrelink benefits, child support etc), which is going to look bad for her.

Keep trudging forward, don't back down!
Thanks Corrine. Definately no child abuse from our end and we also live within 15 minutes from the children.

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
Oops I missed the bit about what the report writer said...

Docupedia

7 October 2020
Stop sticking up for all fathers when most of them are DEAD BEATS.… when most dads choose to drink or do drugs over their own child. FLOP
I’m going to assume that you are speaking from a place of hurt, and that you are taking your personal situation and extrapolating it outwards. I also acknowledge you said ‘most’ instead of ‘all’ - but that’s largely an issue of semantics.

I also acknowledge that I am taking your comment somewhat personally, not because I think they apply to me but because they are hurtful, rude and undeserved to the many fathers out there who are doing what they can in a difficult situation. I am a father to a teenage son, and his mother and I parted ways soon after birth. For the record, I don’t drink (and never have) and I don’t take any illicit drugs (and never have). I pay every cent of my child support, and have my son twice a week. Although nowhere near as bad as some, I have had my difficulties dealing with the mother of my child Over the years.

Your comments are unsubstantiated. They are insulting, and they are prejudicial. This type of thing feeds into the disgruntled sentiment of an already stressful and strained area, and permeates like a cancer.

Please, stop. Think about what you are saying. Your experience/perspective is not necessarily representative, so please do not make comments like this unless they are factually based and supported.

Children have the right to know both their parents - just as they have the right to be safe in doing so. It is in their best interests, as well as those of each parent, that that is done in an honest and truthful manner. I’m sorry to say that in my experience that often doesn’t happen, and it is so damaging because when a child is lied by their parent - the person in who they are absolutely reliant - that lie is incredibly hard to overcome and undue. To be clear, I am not suggesting at all that you are doing this with your child. What I am saying is that spreading unfounded, inflammatory, and hurtful comments which generalise against ‘most fathers’ is exactly the type of poisonous notion that filters down to children and negatively influences their thinking and chance of a good relationship with both parents. And all parents have an interest in stopping that type of behaviour.

Reactions: Keeks

Docupedia

7 October 2020
So no, in my case, my child is BETTER OFF WITHOUT A f***ing DEAD BEAT INCONSISTENT FATHER THAT CHOSE DRUGS AND ALCOHOL OVER HER, HAD NEVER MADE EFFORT TO SEE HER, DOESNT PAY CHILD SUPPORT AND doesnt even ask how she is or try and see her! f**k off x
I didn't make any comment about whether your child in particular is or is not better off without her father in her life. The comment I made, which I thought I made quite nicely and politely, was to request you not to unfairly denigrate fathers in general. It may interest you to know that fathers come here looking for assistance in being a part of their children's lives, and the ones who are looking to evade their responsibilities are given pretty short shift.

I suggest you read and understand the Community Guidelines for this forum - which you agreed to abide by when you joined (and I point out that clause 6.2 of the Terms of Use states that your use of this website is only for the purposes that are permitted by - amongst other things - the Community Guidelines).

My condolences to your child. No child deserves to have a deadbeat for a parent.