Tenancy paid with labour?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now


Well-Known Member
11 April 2020
Someone offered to fix up my friend’s house whilst staying at the house for accomodation rather than paying rent money.
It has no bathroom or ammenities but they offered to fix it up. Can they write up a written agreement to live there and fix the property up without paying rent?
Also what happens if they hurt themselves on the property? What are their rights and what are they allowed to do? Any places I could look for information about this?