SA Telephone contact

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Adelaide1

23 August 2023
In our latest orders, after me ex appealed to the first orders, the children have to telephone him 3 times a week. I had to provide a phone number. I will not give him my number due to domestic violence issues, so I've borrowed an old phone and put a sim card in it. I have no money and he has not paid anything since January this year. So I can't afford another phone. My ex is saying it has to be face time calls, not a telephone call, as the children need to see his face. It's hard enough getting the children to speak to him, but they are happier with a telephone call rather than a face time call. Previously he had face time calls, but cries etc which upsets the children. If the orders say a telephone call does this extend to face time calls?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
No.

h-ivee

18 August 2023
My ex is ordered FaceTime calls but refuses to buy a device that allows this, so I just let him do normal calls. Its been a little over two months since he last bothered, though. Such a good Dad!! 😂