QLD Supply of a Dangerous Drug - Can Police Charge?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
21 April 2015
Can you be done for supply of a dangerous drug if you haven't physically been caught dealing drugs by police?

I have court for the first time in 2 days. Police have found evidence on my phone relating to supply of marijuana x 5. However they have not physically caught me dealing before. I am scared and need to know what the penalties may be. Could I get off as they haven't actually caught me?

Sarah J

16 July 2014
Melbourne, Victoria
Hi Jimmy,

What exactly is the charge police has alleged you?

Police do not need to have actual evidence of you "dealing" with the drugs (i.e. nobody need actually see you hand over drugs for money). They can rely on circumstantial evidence and indirect evidence so long as they prove to the court beyond reasonable doubt that you supplied/trafficked/possessed (depending on your charge) the drugs or intended to supply/traffic the drugs.

27 June 2015
You seem like the type of person that tells funny jokes about about the subculture of dealing drugs.. shame on you .. but I have beyond reasonable doubt now.. speak to legal aid and theorize