SA Super TPD

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Souzo

4 March 2021
Hoping someone can help my ex husband still legally married at this point is entitled to his TPD with his superannuation he won't submit a claim am I able to receive these funds have them put in a trust account and use the money for her schooling sports tutor and a car in next few years he has a terminal illness and will never work again he pays no child support nor monies towards anything for her and never has since birth I've paid her child care school fees excersion etc it doesn't bother to a certain extent more for her whilst I work I am still unable to afford the school and tutor that she wants is there a loophole some where that I can obtain and access his TPD Bills would be provided which trust can pay direct

Souzo

4 March 2021
In relation to the question I just posted if he has changed his super for me not to receive his superannuation TPD is different as it's a insurance payment??? What would happen if he left his superannuation to his girlfriend if it's not binding agreement would I be able to persue this so our daughter gets his funds he won't be around in a few years he has cystic fibrosis and his illness is getting worse hope I don't come across as being selfish just trying to make sure my daughter is looked until at least she is married
University to consider surely There is a way